Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankfulness

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and this year I keep thinking about two years ago and all of the roads we have been down since.  It is as if our journey in life was with Kasi alone, but that is not the case.  This journey of life is always moving and is fluid just as God is.  God is always moving, flooding, pulling back, making trenches, changing scenery,  in the very depths of our souls.  This doesn't happen with one major moment in life, as a major surgery, cancer, illness, or accident, these are just tools along the way to shape and mold us to see Him more clearly, and even more importantly make us more like Him.  When we have no other choice but to reach up because there is nothing more under us holding us, God's amazing arms swoop down and pick us up and carry us.
This thanksgiving I am thankful for knowing Jesus in such a way that He carries me.  Not just through life with Kasi, which is major, but through life with the boys as they are special needs and born with more obstacles then most people face ever in their life.  Also, with Aubree as she shares her faith on and off the soccer field filled with life experience, not being swayed by those who choose to talk about her and shoot her down in school and life.  All these things as a mom make my "plate" full, and sometimes I refer to it as a meat platter, but, BUT, I know that through all of life as we know it, God's love is bigger, greater, and continual.  He is fluid, filling all the creases of life that need filling, changing, and cleansing.  I rest in this, today, and always.

Have a very blessed Thanksgiving, being thankful for Him, the true One in control of all.

1 comment:

  1. This morning as I wait while my hubby has his first post chemo CY Scan. I am reflecting onHis sufficiency. Our sermon Sunday was on the Good Shepherd. He paid a big price for us, we are His, he knows us ny name, knows our special needs and ..... He leads us!

    ReplyDelete