Thursday, July 8, 2010

today

Well, as today comes to an end we are still not sure if we are staying here at U of M or leaving. My assumption is that we are staying, but they do things differently over here so I am not quite sure. I do have to say I am extremely thankful for DeVos. We are spoiled!!! That is an understatement. The care here is great and the Dr.'s are the best. I am sure it will all change when they get their new children's hospital complete, but that won't be for another year. So, here we are in a room with 4, yep 4, other patience. One of which is a baby and well the lights have been off since about 8.
Kasi is doing well, she just ate for her first time in over 24 hours. She was hungry. She is in some pain this time. They went in up higher than usual. I am thinking it is because she just had a heart cath. in April so they choose a different sight. I am not sure though. She keeps having "hot flashes" or something because she will break out into and extreme sweat which is also weird. Well, we know she is one of a kind.
I am amazed right now at how strong she is. We have a girl next to us who 2 years older than Kasi and she had rods put in her back yesterday. Well, she can't get enough pain meds because she is just in sooo much pain. Her mom came over across the room, about 3 feet, to our side of the curtain, to talk. Kasi started talking on her own which was awesome to see her give out information about recovery. What the mom didn't understand was that Kasi had no pain. It might be a subject to discuss tomorrow :-)
What we have learned the is all the stuff we already kind of knew. She has two narrowings in her aorta. This we kind of knew, but never heard it explained that way. Her kidneys look good and her renal vessels look good too. What is happening is that her kidney are producing a hormone to try to get the correct blood pressure to them. It just so happens that raises her blood pressure all over and that is why she is in hypertension. So, we will see what the Dr. has to say about all of this and see what he is thinking to correct it.
I am tired and wiped out. I will write more later. My emotions wiped me out. Seriously!! This is all too real once again. The smell hit me square in the face when I walked in the door. Too much to handle at times. She is an incredible woman and I am really proud of her! Keep praying for her and for answers....
Love to you all!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment