Tuesday, June 1, 2010

UofM

What a weekend it has been! I love holiday weekends when I can be with the family and their friends. Watching kids grow is a gift that is forsure. From Nathan crawling under our truck and camper to Kasi being 14 and so graceful in her actions. Of course Aubree with the soccer team and Ben just being Ben.
I think I have really learned in the last little while just to be and observe that which is around me. Interactions of people and how people respond to things in life has been very interesting to me. Maybe because I really understand how precious each moment is in life and what you are going to do with it really does matter. Where ever God calls us.
Now on to the U of M thing that this all started with. Yes, we are going to U of M with Kasi. This was the begining of my great weekend. On Friday I got a call from Dr. Stanley who is the vacular surgeon that deals with issues like Kasi's. Yes, I know that her case was not taken at first. The only thing I can say to that is that we didn't have it sent straight to him, but to a pediactric cardiovascular surgeon. Yes, Dr. Stanley was consulted, but it was not going to be his case. That is the way I can best explain it. Anyway, after a phone call from Dr. Stanley himself, I got a call from Kasi's cardiologist office who was SUPER excited that he was going to be taken over Kasi's case. I have read up on him and yes, he is the man who has experience and passion in this area. He desires to help kids with these unusual issues and that is a blessing.
I know some people have asked about going to Cleveland Clinic, Boston Childrens, and of course the children's hospital in PA. Well, Dr. Stanley does surgery for kiddos who go there for treatment. Yep, they get sent to U of M to be treated by Dr. Stanley. I really feel like God is making every piece fit together at just the right time. Of course He is!! That is our God! Amazing as always!
That is just a little update.....we will know more after next week Monday when she has her appointment. Pray for wisdom and patience as we go through this process.
God is amazingly good!!!
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Jodi,

    I found your blog in my search to find out where Dr. Bunchman went (I googled something and stumbled on your blog) because my son is a patient and we were in the process of scheduling surgery...and then all of a sudden he was gone. My son also sees Dr. Malcom and his partner Dr. Lee.

    I read a few of your posts and just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Lana

    ReplyDelete