Monday, January 19, 2009

Wow

What a crazy title for a blog post, but there is nothing more to say. There really aren't words enough to explain the joy that we are experiencing here at our home. God is faithful!
I will start with Kasi and her Dr.'s appointment today.
Kasi had her Dr.'s appointment this morning right away so she had to get up like a normal 12 year old. Bummer! She wasn't excited about that, but the news we received made it all worth while. The Dr. took X-rays of her back and came in the room full of smiles. He looked at Kasi and said, "Are you ready to go back to school?" We both looked at him and said "are you serious?". Yes he sure is! He showed us the X-rays of her back and it looks amazing. His words are she is doing spectacular! Praise God!!! He is astonished, and amazed as well. This is an awesome thing because when stuff like that happens it is ONLY God. And that is who we can point to for all of her progress. Kasi and I talked about how awesome it is that we are not in control of our own lives. We sure would miss out on the blessings of seeing Him do "immeasurably more than we could ever think or imagine". We are so excited. And Kasi will be going to school tomorrow.
Since this blog is called our journey in faith, I think I might start the next part of our journey as well. You see God is always working as we all know and the places He works in sometimes catches us by complete surprise. That is exactly what He has done.....again!
There is a long history to tell you about with our little guy Ben and at this time I am not going to put all of that in. I will do that because it is an amazing story, but for now we need prayers and celebration at the fact that Ben's birth mom chose life again! She had another baby boy on Jan. 12. We don't know many details, but we do know that Amari was taken at birth and went from the hospital to a foster home. We received a call on Friday at 2:00 in the afternoon and the case worker said they really like to keep siblings together. We have to agree! So, the DeRoo's are growing again! It is amazing to think that God, when He gave us Ben, already knew He was giving us this little one too. Now the prayers that I am asking for are two fold. You see we have met their birth mom. Her name is Christina and she is lost. She doesn't know love or the love of God. When I see her all I can do is hold her and cry. Which is what I have done with her a few times in the past. We have not seen her since Feb. 14, 2007. We know that she is making the same decisions as she has in the past and that is why Amari too will need a safe place to live. We pray for her and we pray for Amari. For Amari, that the transition will happen quickly and for him to be loved on by the family God is giving him to. For our family as we wait to hear how long and what we will need to do for all of this to happen. We have no idea what the time frame looks like. We also have no idea what the cost might be. I know God will provide so we will walk in faith during this next step in our journey.
Thank you for all of your prayers and if you have any words of Truth that God might have for us, please share!
How amazing is our God! I will share the even more amazing parts to come! I am speechless....but I do have something to say. God IS! the I am!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW...WOW...WOW!!! Can't wait to see Kasi tomorrow and little baby Amari. Our God is an awesome God! He reigns!

    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is right great title by the way aunt jodi!
    I miss you guys soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I am still praying for you and so are my teacher and my class.

    Love,
    Devonna

    ReplyDelete