Saturday, October 23, 2010

12 days

First I want to tell all of you who are reading this for the first time, if you want to hear Kasi's whole "heart story" you have to go to the post title "the whole story".  If you want to piece together her back and her heart you will have to read the posts from December 2008 when I started the blog.

Here are 12 days out from a life-changing surgery for Kasi.  As it gets closer there is so much to do and so many thoughts going through my mind and heart.  I am taking time to prepare myself mentally and spiritually.  If eating means to stay strong physically, I do that well.  We are healthy eaters over here for more reasons than just her heart. 
The past week has been a journey of growth and discernment to say the least.  I have learned more about how God has grown me in His whole process of healing and man's view on healing.  I am excited in the fact that it was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit when something was a false teaching and I could stand up to it.  This is something I worked through, not just a sense.  It came with listening again to a message I heard on Sunday and sending it to a mentor who deals with these issues daily and has all of the teaching and theology classes to help me better understand.  I have to say I am humbled by the fact that God has chosen to use me in speaking Truth and at the same time, knowing He calls us all to speak Truth and stand up for the Truth.  The beginning of the week was filled with an uncertain heart not knowing if I had over stepped my bounds and if I was wrong in my thinking and feeling.  Wondering if I was too emotionally invested in something having been through, all kinds of teaching on healing desperate for answers, and now knowing what I have learned and thought to be true, is really Truth!  I have also recognized that this happened at a time in which Kasi's story is becoming well known to more and more people and the enemy was trying to distract me/us from God's work.  Well, great is HE that is in ME, than he who is in the world!  AMEN!!
Yesterday a reporter came over to talk with our family regarding the fundraiser that is being thrown for us.  I have to say, I think he walked away knowing too that Kasi is a special girl who knows and loves Jesus.  She is mature beyond her age that is for sure.  In fact he said I can see in your eyes that you are "old" or mature.  One question he asked her is if she wishes she could be "normal" or do "normal" things.  Kasi's response said a ton about her and life.  Kasi said that she sometimes sees other kids and wonders what it would be like, but she wouldn't change her life because it has made her who she is.  And she likes who she is.  As a mom I too was in awe at her view on life.  She was also asked about the risks involved in this surgery and she really hasn't thought about it, but more she focuses on the end.  Knowing that surgery will happen no matter what we look forward to the outcome.  We know God is in control of the outcome whether He chooses to heal her with a Dr.'s hands or if He chooses to reach in and touch her Himself.  We have seen both in our life.  We are preparing for this journey and spending time loving on each other and just being.  We will rejoice in the fact that we have each other and our family is an incredible gift of God.  He has brought us all together in great ways and we love each other with the love of a family, but even more with God's love that He has given us for each other. 
As the reporter ended he asked me what one thing would you like to say or make sure we get in this article.  It was this, pray.  Pray for strength, peace, healing, all of the things that get us through.  And that is what I ask all of you too.  Although my prayer is greater for all of you and that is to add to that list a prayer of open hearts and eyes for people to see God through all of this.  God is preparing hearts around us to see Him maybe for the first time.  May we be faithful in sharing His love and the Hope we have in Him to everyone around us.  It might be through the fundraiser, it might be at U of M.  Where ever, when ever, may we all be a light shining His face among us!
Love to you all!!
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through Bowensheart.com. Will be praying for your Kasi.

    ReplyDelete