Wednesday, October 20, 2010

my head aches....

Here we are 14 days from leaving to go to U of M and 15 days from life changing surgery.  No matter how I look at it Kasi's life as she knows it and our life as we know it will be changed forever.  I never thought 14 years ago that this would ever be an issue again.  I am in the middle of a struggle about healing and what is God's will.  What I think I have figured out, gets doubted by people who think that God's healing comes about because of something we do or don't do.  My struggle  is not in the fact of whether or not God heals, because I know he does.  My struggle comes from the fact that people try to put man's work into the middle of God's divine healing or purpose.  What I mean is, there are people who think there might be a sin issue to block healing or a miracle. 
Here is my thought, feeling, and belief.  God and God alone heals.  God's ways are not man's way, nor His thoughts our thoughts.  He is bigger than our biggest imagination so when it comes to healing and miracles, yes I do believe in them.  I have seen them.  I also know that he has a perfect path for us and that whatever the path is, we need to honor Him as we go down it.  I believe prayer is a power tool we have for sharing our heart felt expression and all of our groaning we know God hears and understands because the Spirit intercedes for us.  I am totally committed to praying, and looking for God's work among us.  For sharing Him with everyone we come into contact with, and to encourage those who don't have the Hope we do.
My head aches with all of the other "stuff" people are talking about and right now, I can't go there.  I do not have anything to do with Kasi's healing, I do not have a "block" and neither does Kasi.  We are ultimately God servants.  Called to a purpose, and that is to love. 
We will love all along the way.  We will love God, each other, and people who we come into contact with. I hope and pray I represent God well and one day He will see me and say "well done, good and faithful servant".   And I am pretty sure He won't say "if only". 
So, here we go, two weeks away and we need to be upheld in prayer.  For people not to distract us from being God instruments or give us any doubt.  We never doubt God and we don't want to ever put any doubt in our life of who we are.  We are God's workmanship! 
Thanks to all of you who pray for us daily.  We need wisdom in the next couple of weeks as we move closer to the surgery date.  Pray for wisdom for Dr. Stanley who has done only similar things as this.  Pray for Kasi's body to be healed, either by a miracle, or by a surgeons hands.  Pray that God will be seen through our life and that we may be a testimony to God's goodness.
Jodi

2 comments:

  1. Oh friend! It is my prayer that you can rest with full assurance that you have done all that you know to do, which from what I have observed is to pray, trust and live by faith, proclaiming His name to praises of His glory. I pray that you will be enveloped in His amazing love and peace, and that the only voice you hear is the voice of your Shepherd.
    Love and hugs,
    Debi Damron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Amen,Amen....Right now my little great-nephew Spencer is in Children's Hospital so very sick. It reminds me when, as a baby, Kasi was up there so very sick. We are praying that God will continue to be with and heal both of these precious jewels the way He sees fit.
    We Love you guys and you are also in our thoughts and prayers.
    Carol Heyboer

    ReplyDelete