Friday, October 29, 2010

Fundraiser

Here it is the 29th of October already.  It seems like just yesterday I was talking with my friend saying, "I don't know how we are going to make it with all of our bills when we won't be working.  And who knows what will be and won't be cover by insurance since we have had things denied before because it was unusual."  She just said to me, God will provide and I have stuck to that from that day on.  It wasn't until a few weeks later when she said to me, God woke me up in the middle of the night and basically said we need to have a fundraiser.  Well, most of you don't know this, but it started off with a brain storm on my deck thinking about what that would look like.  She really felt like it was supposed to be a 3 v 3 basketball tournament or something like that.  I said that sounded great, the name was even Dunkin' for the DeRoos.  Then if that didn't work she had a backup plan and that was going to be a soccer tournament and she would have called it, Kicking for Kasi.  As you all know neither one of those things happened.  Why?  Well, as I/we look back on it now, God's plans are MUCH bigger than we what we could think.  She told me about how she would just put an invite out to people who know us and see who would be on board with helping out.  To her surprise and mine, the list looks different that what we thought it would.  The people that are helping were "called" to help.  I am not kidding about that at all, they all thought "out-of-the-box" and had their ideas.  I kind of feel bad at times for the load of responsibility that was place on Kristie, but it wasn't because of the ideas and such, it was because God was working in many, many lives and moving people to give and step up with ideas. 
As I think about tonight and the fundraiser a few things come to mind.  One of them is the immense love we feel for all of those who have given time and resources to make this work.  Those who gave because they want to, not because they had to.  It is a joy-filled feeling to know that as many people that gave, there are more people praying!  This event has been covered in prayer this whole time and the evidence is huge.  I keep thinking on this night and thinking back to how it began to where it has now come, I know that God is pleased.  Not with the amount, but with the heart of those who helped, but even more, the Unity of God's people coming together and accomplishing something great that will ultimately bless His heart.  He is in control of everything happening tonight and my prayer is that someone will see Him and His great love for His people and want to become part of that!  That someone might have a seed planted, or hear of His goodness in the middle of struggle.  The peace He gives and the love that he shows is beyond what we could ever express. 
So, with all of this said, I just want to thank everyone with my whole heart!!  I want to do that now before the auction because I want people to know it is not about how much, it is about God providing for our every need.  We trust that and we see that!  We love you ALL!  Whether you are prayer warriors, attending tonight, or just a reader of this blog.  We are very supported by you all and we are blessed.
I will post more this weekend as we prepare for next week, but I really felt I needed to say this to you all!
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jodi and Kasi,
    Even though I wasn't at the FUNdraiser or we haven't really talked much lately, I have been praying for you both, for your family, and for the entire medical team that will taking care of you, Kasi. I'm so excited to hear how well the event went on Friday...to God be the glory and I do believe He is getting it! :) I continue to pray and know that His will WILL be done.
    Love and Prayers,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete