Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Month to go.....

Here it is Oct. 5 and I can't help but think how our lives will change in the next month.  In one month Kasi will have had her surgery and will start her long road to recovery.  Also, a lot will be happening in the month of Oct to prepare for Nov. 4.  All of the "things" are good, but a reminder too of what is yet to come. 
As we get ready for people to move in and out of here, Ron changing his hours to be home for the boys, and me living 2.5 hours away nursing Kasi back to a new "normal" a lot of emotional "stuff" is being dealt with.  For instant, Ben said to me on Saturday, "Mom I really love Kasi."  He continued on and said he really wants to love her forever, and I told him he could, kind of confused by where he was going with this.  Well, he then told me that he didn't want Kasi to die in surgery.  Ok, this boy has a 6th sense because we NEVER talk about that in those words.  We have said there are risks but never to that detail with Ben or anyone else for that matter.  I do believe I talked to Kasi once this summer while camping and Aubree once while in the van on the way home from soccer, but not in front of him.  So, that just breaks my heart that his little mind is getting stressed over that.  I of course talked to him in a non-threatening way about death and how when someone knows Jesus they never really die, but go "home" and we just get sad because it is going a while before we see each other.  I also said that God is in control and whatever He has planned for our family is perfect in His way, not always ours.  That is because we don't see His big picture.
God's big picture now is being revealed in and through so many through this fundraiser.  I know people get excited about donations, but I get excited about all those who are joining us in prayer.  You see the more people that know, the more people that pray.  I have said before, but some of your are new to this blog so I will say it again, I want it sooo loud before the throne of God with everyone pleading on Kasi's behalf.   He loves her more than anyone of us ever could and that is such a blessing.  How it must bless His heart to see those praying for her too.  The love for her, His child, is over whelming to me.  I have been blessed to call her my daughter, but really on loan for a moment here on earth.  Her work for God is her own and I must say, she has done an incredible job showing the Grace to others that God has extended to her.  It humbles me to watch and learn from her. 
I know in this last month before surgery that reality is going to start hitting her too.  I know that her heart will start feeling the anticipation of a huge change in her life.  She will need an extra measure of peace from the only One who can give it.   And all of us too as we face being strength for her and the other kids.  I too need prayers for the time to get everything done and wisdom for what is best for the kiddos while we are at U of M.  Pray for their hearts and ours as a family as we anticipate being apart for a while.  Pray for our eyes to see the beauty of God's work instead of being distracted by "stuff" that we will see and have to be in the middle of. 
I thank you all for your prayers and support!  We are extremely blessed to have you all!!
Love,
Jodi

PS...if you are new to the blog and want Kasi's full story check out the last blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment