Friday, December 10, 2010

cookies!

Hello to all on this great Friday evening!  Kasi is doing amazing and it is really hard for me to not pack her up and say "good-bye" to this place and come home.  There are things that must be done here yet and of course we will continue them through.  She is going to have to eat high calorie foods with little fat.  That is interesting, I think she is just going to eat lots of pasta!  She loves it and well, it has a ton of calories which will be a great help to get to the 2000 calorie mark for the day!
We also have a few more conversations to finish and a couple of nurses to say "good-bye" to.  Some are not going to be working for a few days, and well, you never know we could be gone when they get back.  Yes, that is becoming a possibility. 
And the last thing is we have to hand out one more tin of cookies.  Yep, we handed them all out and we had the privilege to give testimony to who God is through this!  It was an amazing thing for us to do for all of our doctors.  I have to say "thank you" to all the Unity students that made the cookies.  They are amazing!!  And you helped plant a seed to many up here and put many smiles on faces of doctors who sometimes don't hear all the goodness of God.  We made sure we told them all who the cookies came from and they were all really impressed! 
So, today we are very hopeful to go home on Monday.  Kasi still thinks it will take longer, but I am really realistic to her going on Monday.  It is a great journey that we have been on and will continue on from here.  It will be even better to move this journey back home where we can grow together as a family again.  I am convinced that our journey will continue in many areas of life.  Our family is full of these stories of faith and we know the stories will continue because God never stops writing His story.  He is with everyone who reads this too.  I am wondering what would your page read?  And would you allow everyone to read His story through you?  It all goes back to something I have said along time ago, "do you have to say something? OR do you have something to say!"  We have something to say, and we are saying it loud!
So I end tonights post with this.  Yesterday when waiting in line for the bathroom a mom came up to me and said, "I have notice you have been here as long as we have and I don't know how you do it.  How do you stay so upbeat and strong.  I am exhausted!"  I talked to her for a little bit and realized she really just needed to talk.  As I listened I heard bits and pieces of  "church" and "pastor" but never really heard anything about prayer.  I didn't say anything about that to her of course that is not where I am going with this.  Then she told me it had been a long 3 days and she asked how long we had been here.  I almost felt bad, but then I thought, no God can show her His strength even greater for her knowing how long we were here.  So I did tell her.  We then parted ways, and I believe there is one more conversation that will happen with her up here.  God is so good, and yes we have something to say about that! 
Keep praying and praising!  And just so you know, even through all of the struggles and frustrations, we have never lost our joy!  True joy can never be stolen!  And now we are living in that joy.  Love to you all! 
For I know the plans I have for you declares THE LORD!!!!  Plans to prosper you, NOT to harm you, but to give you HOPE and a FUTURE!!!!  Yes, the Lord declares this about Kasi.....hang on to your hats, His real work has just begun!

3 comments:

  1. What great news! Prayers are being answered.

    Praying for a wonderful, thankful Christmas at home in Allendale with your entire family!


    Bonnie Nanninga

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an example and an inspiration to so many! Praying for that lady, and for your family to be together again Monday at home!
    Robin Helmholdt

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to pray for you! Praying that you will get the green light to go home today!! What an inspiration you are to us all!

    ReplyDelete