Tuesday, December 7, 2010

numbers up....

Hello to everyone.  Today I started out with the verse "this is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it".  What a perfect way to start today.  Not that today was a good day, but a frustrating day.  The verse had to stick in my head from beginning to end because of a few things.  I feel like we are going in circles and not making progress up here.  I am hoping to be proved wrong the next couple of days again, but with all of Kasi's pain yesterday after she ate and with her numbers going up to 106 today it just seems a little over whelming and confusing.  And then on top of that we have a set of doctors saying she can only have no fat foods, and another group saying she can only have no fiber foods.  We got a list of no-fat foods here and then the dietitian came up and sat down to show us what off that list Kasi could have.  Well, we have 8 things she can eat.  Corn flakes, rice crispys, mashed potato, baked potato no skin, grapes, strawberries (if they have them), sliced peaches, and lite and fit strawberry banana yogurt.   At least she doesn't need too much time to make up her mind when it comes time to eat :-)  Tonight she had mashed potatos.  She was happy with that.
Tomorrow will be a better day.  I had to get over today, just my attitude and my broken heart of her numbers going up and the fact that I am missing the kids christmas program tonight.  Yesterday was Ron's birthday, and Thursday is our anniversary.  So many things that are being missed because of being up here in a holding process.  I don't know if you can read my heart in this, but today is a day in which we had an over whelming feeling that we really want to go home.  I know it will come, and I know that God will give us the strength to hold out strong.  I am still in hopes for Monday, I am thinking that will be a miracle at this time, but I do believe in miracles so I am not budging.  I also know that I will choose not to be disappointed if we don't go home.  Kasi and I are resolved to just try and be home for Christmas.  I am just hoping that the decorations will all be up when we get there.  It is hard for Ron to get them up being a single parent right now though, so we shall see. 
Through all of this we are still amazed at our God and the great things He has done.  The doors that have been opened the relationship built and seeds planted.  And that is only us up here, we also know that people's lives are being impacted by the this blog.  It seems so simple to me writing about our lives, but I know that God's work is being done and if others can see that through us we are happy about that.  There is never any question about how big our God is and sometimes we just need a really good reminder and for us that comes in the form of a song.  Sometimes it is through scripture, but today, this song.  For all of you who have snow and for those who have never put our smallness into the big picture of God's world and God's work, this is for you.  We are humbled to know that God, the creator of the universe, knows our name and is using us to further His kingdom. May His name be praised!

3 comments:

  1. I just want to come and give you a BIG HUG!!! You are right when you say people's lives are being changed through your blog. Jodi & Kasi you 2 are the strongest people I know. Hang in there, I know easier said than done but this is all happening for some reason and God just doesn't want to tell us why yet! Love you guys and please know we are praying continually.

    Tammy Heyboer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!!!! We know you can do it, and that once you are home it will seem like forever since you were at the hospital! I know, because they told us it would be like that with Owen and we didn't believe them, but it is true! We are still praying you through and will put the numbers and going home at the top of the list!
    <3
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates! It's been an incredible journey thus far, and we walk beside your family even at a distance. Our eight year old son, who has never met Kasi, includes her in his daily prayers.

    Be encouraged today.
    You are in His grip.

    ReplyDelete