Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Month-aversary

Yep, we have been here a month.  People say Happy Monthaversary and Kasi's reply, "where are my flowers?".  Too funny!  Laughter adds years to your life, and well we do a lot of it these days.  Yes, we still smile and laugh all the time.  Only moments of the day do we feel a little like this is our new home, but most of the time we are just hanging out and making things. 
We were given a gift of beads, wire, and ribbon that we are putting together for the nurses and Dr.s up here.  It is pretty fun giving them away, we have seen the simple "thank yous" to tears.  They all include Kasi's verse and the Christmas story.  Very fun indeed!  And yes for all of you who know me well, I am crafty too.  It is fun!  And it is NOT scrap booking. 
Yesterday was a day that was a ho-hum day.  Nothing much different.  Her numbers went down yesterday to 95 and that was great news.  We were on our way to lower numbers and maybe real food.  Today, well, her numbers are back up to 110.  She is staying on clears although she is restricting herself from eating anything because she does not want a feeding tube.  They were talking that if her numbers went down even a little she would be able to have some active cultured yogurt.  Not yet though!!
Only one time today did I have a few tears and that was when yet another doctor came in here and told us how amazing Kasi is.  She went on about her strength, courage, and what she has gone through and the way she handles life.  All I could do was tear up, realizing how proud I am of her, humble at how good God is, and overwhelmed at everything that she has been through.  They just know this hospital stay, we know her life.  She just sits and smiles at the Dr as she talks to her and I just stand amazed.  Kasi had impacted people here for God!  Everyone knows that Kasi and I give God all the credit for His strength in her, and well, it is supernatural. 
Kasi has one request that she would like everyone to pray for.  This is the desire of her heart.  It is for her numbers to go down.  We know that God's perfect timing is what we pray for and then I would ask for more strength and wisdom in the days ahead if we have to continue down this road further.  But if He chooses to drop these numbers of hers and heal her pancreas soon we will be very thankful!  We rest in His perfect will for us here and at home.  Our desire is to be home, it is time!  We feel stretched and far away.  I am ready to love on my boys and not live through text messages and pictures.  I am also ready to listen to all of Aubree's stories of the day and be her mom, not from a distance.  I love them all so much and just to be together around the table with a meal with everyone healthy is more than my heart can even take in right now. Not seeing Nathan is really bothering me too.  Of course they keep growing at home and he is starting to talk.  I am going to miss their Christmas program this week and that kills me inside.  Not setting up Christmas at home is breaking my heart because this is my favorite thing to do this time of year.  We always play Christmas music and spend time together getting it all out.  Always with a few laughs too.  I could go on about my feelings and longings for home, but that doesn't change life up here.  We just focus on the todays and know that God holds them all! 
Praying those numbers down in Jesus name!!!  And the peace of God continue through this place.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment