Sunday, December 21, 2008

1 week 2 days

It is hard to believe it is 9 days past surgery already. The time has flown by and I hope that the next few months go as fast. I am sure looking back everything will have seemed to fly, but in the middle of it, it will seem to take forever. Especially for Kasi.
Today has been a day of more movies and games. Not many games by the table though, Kasi is really sore from yesterday. Her upper back and shoulders today. I am thinking it is because she decided yesterday to try and get up by herself. She doesn't have patience and well I have other things I am doing at times. Put the two together and then you have Kasi standing in the kitchen and she got there all by herself. I wish I knew what was okay for her to do and what wasn't. I would say I will find out tomorrow, but with the weather like it is there is no way I will be able to get out. Aubree is happy about that because she doesn't want school tomorrow. I can't imagine that she will have it, it is awful out there! We will see though.
We didn't do the shower thing today yet. I think that will be just before bed. It is such a hard thing for her. Her legs and feet get all purple and she gets really dizzy. I have to wash as fast as I can, and be gentle.
It seems like it has been a full day already, but it is only 5:15. Being cooped up is not my favorite thing, so I actually think I am going to go and shovel some snow. =D I know that sounds a little nuts maybe, but for me....anything to be outside!
Over all we have had a pretty good day. We didn't have church which was a bummer and I think the Christmas party was cancelled too. So, we shall watch this winter unfold from the nice warm room and maybe even get Kasi downstairs to sit in front of the fire. My favorite place to be on nights like these!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kasi,
    So glad to hear you are doing so well. Well, you haven't missed too much school, being we had snow day Friday and I just found out we have another on tomorrow! I'm with Aubree and kind of happy about that. Not to mention that I can't get out of my road to even get to school. I think we had over three feet of snow on our back deck. In honor of our snow day, I think I will make peanut butter balls tomorrow. I will eat one in honor of you and let you know how it tastes. Aren't I nice? If I remember, I will send home a cookie from the 5th grade band concert with Aubree (for you). Take it easy and have a wonderful Christmas. I think you are the best present your family could ask for this year. Miss you lots at school!
    Love, Mrs. Van Rijs

    ReplyDelete