Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas party day!

We had another busy day today. We are doing good with getting everything in. Even if it is just a little bit here and there. Kasi went to her Christmas party at school today and was there for about 2 hours. This was great for her. She is whipped now, but she had a great time. It is so nice to see her friends come along side her and encourage her. I love the support she gets from teachers and kids, it is truly a blessing. I know that she is prayed for and covered continually in prayer and that is a great feeling as a mom. She feels it and knows it too. She is smiling more than ever before and that was a lot. Her heart, not physical, has grown to see people with compassion and grace. She is showing love and tenderness around home to everyone and to those she comes into contact with. Kasi has looked up every verse everyone has given her and has read and re-read some of her own favorites. She knows God is holding her, and this is different than what I can explain. She has a knowledge of Him that is very personal. She has felt His hand on her before in the physical sense in a couple of different situations and I know she feels His presence now. For her it is a no brainer...I wish I could be more like her in that. When God talks about the faith of a child, I get that. Watch Kasi, and you will too. I sometimes wondered if she was in denial of everything she had/has to go through, and you know it is never denial. She sheds her tears and understands the road she has to walk, but she continues on with a smile because she KNOWS God and KNOWS He is walking with her. It gives me peace to know this as well.
I know some are asking about her heart. All I can say at this point is that I really don't know. We are waiting for an appointment in the early spring, so March, for them to really take a look at what is happening inside her. I am almost to a point though in moving her appointment up because she does have pain in her feet. Now this could be normal because she is down so much, but I also know it is a symptom of her aorta being narrowed. When I give her a shower her feet turn purple, almost black, and she complains because they hurt. If this continues after Christmas I will make and appointment with her cardiologist. So that is something to pray for. Her feet and legs to not have pain and good circulation through them. Mostly, for her aorta to be healed. That would be the greatest gift ever. If she could be free from Doctors appointments and tests that would be a great blessing!
Thank you for all of your thoughts, kind words, cards, verses, and mostly Prayers. God is listening and answering and we Praise Him continually for all His many Blessings. We find them in each day!

2 comments:

  1. It was sooooo fantastic to see Kasi walking and smiling at school yesterday. The kids were excited that she was able to join them. We continue to pray for Kasi every day. It is nice that, through the information on this site, we have specific concerns to pray for. Looking good, Kasi! Hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas!
    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to hear that Kasi could be a part of her Christmas party! I can't belive you made it to your appt in GR on monday. I had to work and didn't go in until 9:30. I worked tuesday and it took me 1 1/2 hrs to get home. We will pray specifically for Kasi's feet and good circulation. Kasi - you are an incredible young lady, your strength and faith are an inspiration, your are wonderful (apples don't fall far from their tree). Have a Merry Christmas!
    Carrie Beyer

    ReplyDelete