Friday, December 19, 2008

The end of a snow day!

So what a way to start the day today. As I have mentioned before that Ben has been sick, well I didn't mention that he is a little spoiled as well. He is used to having all of mommy's attention during the day and then when you add breathing treatments and fevers on top of it, I have pretty much been expired before 8 am this morning. I called Ron and he came home from work to help out around here a little bit and it was a good thing. Kasi had to have a shower again and with Ben's energy after breathing treatments it was a little crazy over here. Not to mention the fact that Kasi didn't sleep good at all last night and we woke up several times and then Ben decided that 5 am was a great time to get up and cough and cough. That was the first breathing treatment of the day. It has been a day to say the least! Then you have Aubree, poor Aub getting the shaft on any attention. I have been going out of my way to have conversations with her and spend time with her too. We had movie time in which I only got up a couple of times to take care of "things", but for the most part sat....kindda!
I am thinking Ben is getting over the "hump" of being sick which is a blessing! Now if Kasi could sleep through the night and I could sleep in a real bed, that would be great. I am not complaining, but just praying!
Kasi's progress is about the same as yesterday. She is getting sick of being in bed all of the time. Aubree, Kasi, and I played a game by the table today for a bit. It was nice to get her out of bed. The shower felt great too, but getting her dressing changed didn't feel good at all. If you want to hear her really complain, that is when it happens. She knows that we have no choice and just takes deep breaths. She laid in bed today without her brace. She feels very weak without it and that is a little weird for her. She really prefers to keep it on. I wish we could do some exercises to help give her strength, you know me!!! And if you don't exercise is huge! I know it is a little early for that. I don't know if I mentioned this at all, but PT never came to see us at the hospital. They were supposed to come down a few days in a row, but I never saw them. Then when they said we could go home, we didn't wait for them. Monday is her first appointment so we will see what we can do then. I think that is all for now. We are closing this day down with some movies and such. It was hard watching kids from the neighborhood all go out with their sleds. Kasi loves to go sledding! I am glad she got some in before this big surgery.
I am loving the snow and all the reminders with it! God is good and pure! This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Even if it has been challenging :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. It sounds like you have a very full plate over there! Praying that God fills every need and speeds healing to Ben and Kasi. Jodi, you a super mom! Praying in the mighty name of Jesus that God gives you the rest and rockets you need for tomorrow.
    Grace and peace friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jodi,
    Thanks for the updates. I know it's probably difficult to find the time for that with eveything going on. But it helps us know how to lift you up and intercede for your family's needs. Praying God heals Kasi and Ben, multiplies your time and allows you the sleep and rest you need.
    Love,
    ~The Driesenga's

    ReplyDelete