Wednesday, December 17, 2008

we are home

Here I am at the end, well it is only 5:30 pm, but it feels like the end of a long first day at home. Kasi is doing great and resting a lot. This is good for her little body to get better. I gave her a shower today, and she saw her back today for the first time. It was kind of shocking for her. She now understands the miracle in having no pain and only discomfort.
So, today we have begun to live our new "normal" life. Ben is sick and wants his mommy and at the same time Kasi needs hers. It is a crazy time sometimes between changing my shirt so the one I had on with Ben isn't close to Kasi and spraying Lysol in all the rooms. My Clorox wipes have become my friend and I love the new soft-scrub spray with bleach. Hand sanitizer is on the counters as well as anti-bacterial soap at every sink. Dial has become the soap in every shower and bath as well. Sounds a little nuts, but I would hate for Kasi to get sick. Her body has been run down with surgery and her heart is the first place that anything would or could go. So we are thankful that the sickness has stayed away from her and we will continue to pray against any germs that might think about entering her room. (well our room until yesterday! Now my bed has become a lazy-boy next to the bed)
It has been a long day already like I said before and it will be the first of many long days. Our journey, although a big part over, has really just begun. She has a long road of recovery and just sitting/lying around. 3-6 months worth! After Christmas school will begin at home with me being her main teacher. She will be doing classes online with the video cam and I will be helping her at home with the stuff she has to get done. This will be a challenge for us too, especially with Ben running around. He is a blessing! A very busy blessing! We will go forward in God's grace as we have this past weekend. Looking at how amazing He has been helps me go forward in Joy knowing He is with us every step we take.
I keep praying for a quick healing for Kasi and for her back to fuse great! It's funny today she went to get something out of the cupboard and she said it was weird because she didn't have to reach. She is taller!!!!
I am also praying for patience, I know be careful what you pray for. I know what I need to grow in and this is exactly how God likes to teach me to lean on Him. When He is all there is! And really that is true for everyone in every circumstance. He is our everything, we can ignore Him or acknowledge Him. I am finding Joy in acknowledging Him and His work everyday! Thank you God for your love and continued blessing on my life!
I will blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment