Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Here it is Dec. 26th and it seems like we were anticipating Christmas this year for such a long time. We really didn't know what it would be like for our family considering Kasi having her surgery and such. Well, now we know how blessed we truly are to have a God that knows us and loves us more then we could ever imagine. I am amazed at her strength through the past days and her change of heart. Kasi is my very strong willed child, as some of you know, and some of you think is funny! She defines strong will. Once again, I have no idea where she gets that stuff from :-) Kasi says to me how different she feels and how nice it is. She can tell she different on the inside as well as the outside. She corrects herself when she doesn't talk respectfully and she is always looking out for those around her. Kasi has so much joy she can't even contain it. She has always had a compassionate heart, but she is showing it all around her now and is not hiding her heart at all. I love this about her. Her prayers have even changed! I think I have mentioned this before, but Kasi has a unique relationship with our Heavenly Father. I can't wait to see what He has planned for her, and you know, His plans are unfolding even as a 12 year old. She is an example to us all.
We had a great Christmas over here. Kasi was strong all day. She did get tired and her feet hurt big time. But she laid down when she needed to and we up playing games at other times. She is a blessing to have around and she is taking one day at a time!
I just want to tell you all too that we appreciate all of your prayers. All of you!!! I don't even know how to express my thankfulness. When God's people come together in prayer incredible things happen. It has been evident in her life before and we where reminded of it once again through all of this. She still has a long road of patience and her heart is not perfect, but we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. She loves Him and that is what we find our rest in.
Have a great Holy-day season! Keep looking up! I will write more later......

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodi,
    This is Marge P. Sounds like life is a little hectic and uncertain, but I know the feeling. I have been told and I believe God will not give us more than we can handle. He uses it to stop busy people in their tracks so that we have to listen instead of do. We will pray that God will continue to give you all patience and strength in the days and weeks ahead. blessings and if there is anything I can do. Let us know.
    Prayers and our love to you in the New Year.
    Margie

    ReplyDelete