Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday Dec. 29

Good morning to all of you, although by the time you read this it might not be morning or the 29th anymore:-) I hope all of you had a great weekend!
This is just a little update for all of you because I know that you are all still praying faithfully for this long haul that we are part of.
Kasi last evening decided she was going to sleep in her own bed! This is a huge step because her bedroom in downstairs. We spent the day down stairs in front of the fireplace because we lost electric in the morning and we were out for a long time. Kasi practiced going up and down the steps a few times and her strength is getting better. This is a great thing and with an intercom in her room we felt she could do this! I was kind of excited myself to sleep in a bed for the first time in weeks! Yes, that did seem like a great idea. Well, she did get all tucked in and by 12:00 am she was upstairs back in my bed. Yep....so she tried at least and this is something we really need to work on. Finding something comfortable for her to sleep on. She tosses and turns all night and her bed has a memory foam top and well that doesn't work for her. So, I will be taking that off her bed today and hopefully that will be better for her tonight. It was nice to start out the night in good sleep at least, and for those who know me that was about 1/2 an hour because I am kind of a night person and didn't close me eyes until 11:30. What a great 1/2 hour it was though. =D
Her feet still bother her and she is getting headaches frequently. I am going to call her cardiologist right after I am done with this update. I will let you know what he says about this. It is a fine line between something to really get checked out and something that could be just her needing to get her strength back. She is a little peanut. Really skinny! So, I just bought some calcium and vitamins to help her with her healing since she is not getting enough through what she eats.
We have a relaxing week planned this week which will be good for her. Nothing really to push her into at this time. Yesterday she was pretty sick of just sitting around and was almost crying she was so sick of it. Just a bla type of day so I am praying her spirits stay up and she has patience to endure the long haul.
I think that is all for now! I love all the prayers that are offered on her behalf. God is so amazing and I don't think I can stress enough the blessings He is giving her and us daily. No pain.....NONE...still! She is an amazing girl and when I started out saying that one He could love her more, that is evident in everything that He gives her. Makes my heart beam to know she is held by Him. We praise Him today and everyday....Thank you Jesus!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is awesome you guys rock still in your own bed great! aunt jodi I am so like you when it comes to falling asleep

    ReplyDelete