Wednesday, November 10, 2010

an afternoon update

So this is an odd time for an update I know.  I just really felt that I needed to share Kasi's concerns.  She is really tired right now and she won't leave me out of her sight.  Thanks to skype I can be out in the waiting room eating and she can be in the room and she knows I will come right in if she needs me.  And yes, there are other people here sitting with her.  I am really thinking that Kasi has hit the point of being done, sick of this whole process.  Her spirits are down today.  Although she smiles and gets cheery when she gets cards and stuff.  So, thank you for those who have sent her stuff.  She wants me to read them to her right away!  Makes me happy to hear all of the prayer that are being sent up and she feels the love from you when you show her in that way too.  Kasi is on day number 7 with nothing in her mouth.  She is getting really tired and hungry.  They are watching her tummy and it seems to be NOT kicking in at this time.  Tomorrow she will be having an angiogram done in which they would like to just make her sleepy instead of putting her under.  They are debating that now because her tummy isn't working correctly and because of her issues with breathing and fluid.  Kasi knows that no matter what she will not be able to eat after midnight tonight again because of the procedure tomorrow.  She feels a little defeated.  The doctors were trying to get some IV food for her, but the doctors in charge wouldn't allow it. It is because of risk of infection.  The is one thing they are being extremely cautious about, which is good because an infection in her patch would be absolutely NOT good.  So, we wait this food thing out. 
Kasi did walk today all around the PICU which was great.  I love to see that!  She felt good doing it, but I think because of nothing refueling her it seems to be wiping her out.  She still needs to get up because it will help her lungs, it is becoming harder instead of easier.  She keeps asking, are the doctors saying I am getting better?  And she is, she just has a long way to go. 
I needed to update this afternoon because she needs prayers right away for this.  She is struggling and so am I as her mom.  I love her a ton and it is hard to watch.  I also have things going on at home that I feel like I need to be there for, like Ben loosing his front tooth, but here I am.  I call Aubree, but it is not the same.  And then there is Nathan who is looking for me to come home every time the door opens.  I guess it is one of "those" days.  I am real, and this is a lot, but I know God is bigger!
 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.* For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
We are fixing our eyes on Jesus and His power to heal and restore! 
God is working in her room, pray for Kasi to feel His power once again with in her!

8 comments:

  1. Praying God fills Kasi, yours, and your family's EVERY NEED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue to pray for you and your family. I do not know you personally but I know a dear friend of yours. Hang in there - God is GOOD - ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Kasi & Jodi! There are ALOT of people praying and that is soooo AWESOME!! Praising for all the good little things that God has done in the last 24 hours. Kasi is walking!!! I am praying for the other kiddos at home and for Ron as this is not easy on them either. Praying for God to fill your whole family up right now and that peace will flow onto you all.

    Tammy Heyboer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! I pray for you guys multiple times a day. Kasi, I am so proud of you! You are going forward strongly when others would have given up. I know it is hard right now; but things WILL get better!
    Deb Siegersma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi,
    Hang in there. I know that whole caretaker piece of the pie can be absolutely exhausting. I feel your pain feeling that you should be in two places at once. If you makes you feel any better, Ben wore his green "I lost a tooth today" shirt (from Kindergarten) to music and was proud as punch:) Sang his little heart out:) Been praying for you lots. Would love to send Kasi a card - where could I get the address? Tell Kasi that I'm praying for her and miss seeing her smiling face. Totally understand the need for those intestines to get moving. They don't let you do a thing in hospitals until you can "prove" that something is happening. Much love to you all.
    Jane Vr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kasi praying for you and your family often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying as I am crying for you!! I know how that feels but keep your chin up and keep your eyes fixed on Him! Before long you will all be home together sharing those moments!! Praying continually and so are the kids at Unity!!!!
    Love,
    Lori and Mckayla Steenwyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi...you are such a loving and dedicated mom...may the Lord bless you and keep you...may you feel his love and comfort tonight. I'm praying for strength for Kasi and good reports tomorrow and no infection. The Unity family is praying for you all constantly!!!

    Love,Julie

    ReplyDelete