Friday, November 5, 2010

challenges

Today is going to be a day of filling her will fluids and trying to lower her heart rate and up her fluid out put.  She is being extremely strong and of course she is not having much pain medication for the surgery that she has had.  She looks better today although if most of you would see her right now you wouldn't recognize her.  Her swelling has gone down a ton, but she still has a double chin, bags under her eyes and her lids are super swollen.  She will start to work with a respiratory therapist today to help her cough and take deep breaths.  She just had a chest X-ray and we will see what the results of that are soon.  Pray against pneumonia!
They are all amazed at her pain tolerance and her passiveness.  She doesn't even really complain when she is uncomfortable.  God is with her and we can see that once again.  He holds her close and gives her relief from what could be almost unbearable.
As for all of us, we are doing good.  My hives are going away PRAISE THE LORD!  Seriously, you have no idea how bad they were.  Today, they are less again and maybe in a couple of days they will just be a really bad memory. 
I love this pager going off all of the time and many people ask about it which is nice to be able to share how the body of Christ works together.  ( 474-0246 ) I have to tell you one story about it.  When we were in the pre-op room it was going off and each time it did the doctors and nurses all checked their pagers.  It was a nice smile for me to say, oh that is just me!  I have more stories too, but not enough time to type them right now.
Keep posting on my facebook wall, I love to read the stories and post on here too.  It is amazing how many people are being God's light through this time.  God is good!
Love you all,
Jodi

12 comments:

  1. Decided not to call the pager at 3:30 this morning wehn I hthought of you guys. I know you don't get much sleep in the hospital! Keeping the prayers coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So blessed to see this report. Will check out the pager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, glad your hives are getting a little bit better, hope you are able to get some rest yourself today. Will be thinking of all of you and continued prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God that your hives are getting better! I could be calling that pager all night and day but I just send a beep every once in a while :)Praying continually for you all. Praying the specifics as well and for the boys at home too! Love ya,
    Tammy Heyboer

    ReplyDelete
  5. decided as well not to beep you all night long but know everytime I turn over at night I say a little prayer.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep on praying for this to go well. I have a lot of my friends praying too! Tell Kasi to keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update. Praying for her and you all continually! Glad to hear she is a figher..although we all knew she would be. Your doing great Kasi! Glad to hear your hives are going away Jodi..been praying really hard for that!! :) k,c,t,m ....The Avinks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continued prayers coming from Hamilton!
    Wendy Boeskool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kasi and deroos... so happy that the surgery went well and is done. Just know we have been praying for you and so has the rest of Unity Christian. We miss not having you here.
    Love Kaylee, Sam, Gabby, Katelyn, Emily and Kerri!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope in the future."God defintly has a plan for you Kasi, so stay strong and god will take control. Also I am glad that you got out of surgury safe, are prayers worked, that surley shows how amazing God is!!!! You and your family are still in my prayers!!
    With my love and support,
    Amyee Bremmer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lifting Kasi and your family up daily to our Heavenly Father, who knows her, loves her, and will surround her with His loving care!!!
    Need to let you know that before CDA class last night I was in Revive and a caller to a radio station that was playing asked for prayers for Kasi. The radio host stopped then and lifted up a prayer over the airwaves and people in the store all prayed along---very cool!!! God is using Kasi's experience to touch others in ways we can't even comprehend.
    One day at a time, God will never leave your side, and love to you all.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jodi, Ron, Aubree, Ben, Nathan, I spend much of the day thinking of and praying for Kasi as well as all of you.
    God was good yesterday as I read with a smile things went as well as expected. Now we remain in prayer as the recovery will be full of challenges and at times can bring your spirits down (been there done that)! Kasi is a tremendous young lady and we know she can do it!
    Love you all,

    Coach Erwin and family

    ReplyDelete