Tuesday, November 16, 2010

the day after.....all the prayers go up!

I am really excited to write this update because everything we were "worried about" and praying about we have results on.  First, her lung seems to be okay.  She is not in any pain and last night every time the respiratory therapist would come into the room she would look at her sats, listen, and see that Kasi was doing fine.  She wasn't on any oxygen either.  It was such a good thing because she choose not to wake Kasi up then either.  YAY!  This morning they checked her white count and it was still up so they did do a procedure to pull some of the fluid out of her pelvis.  This fluid showed no signs of infection which is great news, they are going to do a culture on the fluid to see if it grows anything though.  Really, it is great news that nothing showed up. 
Here is my take on the last few hours.  Okay, I know it has been long than a "few" hours, but we are on hospital time remember.  Everything blends into each other. 
Kasi was brought before our God with these major issues that were hitting us right in the face.  People started praying and God gave us this verse Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you, you only need to be still".  This was given through a couple of means.  First I follow a blog called Bowensheart and that was posted as a comment on his wall and it struck me and I have been thinking on that for a bit.  Along with that someone asked me about suffering as they watch their dad suffer with cancer and as I reflected on that as I have in the past Be Still and know that I am God came to mind.  These two things I have been thinking and praying on.  Well, last night in the middle of my heart getting a little anxious a friend texted me Ex. 14:14.  "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still".  Then came that peace that passes all understanding.  I don't need to fight, I have a bunch of pray warriors out there fighting for Kasi, pleading before the throne, we need to be still and you know as I am being still, I am knowing that He is God.  There is nothing and no one bigger or greater.  God, the creator of all things says to me, Be still and know that I AM GOD. 
So, last night as I tucked her in bed I prayed over her a new prayer, that the very breath of God that fills our very being and that created us from dust breath into her lung air, God's air.  Also, prayed that the fighting going on inside her body be taken under control by the only One who is in her, around her, before her, and beside her.  Then I kissed her good-night and we slept.  The RT came in and checked on her and what we thought was going to be a long night because of working with her turned out to be a night in which she decided to not do a thing.  She sounded clear, and her O2 level was up.  This was the first time since we have been here that her O2 level has stayed up all night without going on oxygen.  Praise the Lord!  Of course that added joy to my day.  Kasi feels great after a good rest last night. 
About this fluid in her pelvis.  I am picturing a bunch of God's little workers, working and warring it inside Kasi's body.  This too gives me peace because, He is GOD.  There is no one else beside Him.  I will wait to see what the "official" results are when the doctors come down here and talk to us. In the last hour she has been taken off suction and now put back on.  I am not sure they even know what to do with everything that is going on.  Her surgeon came down and said, you are supposed to be home right now.  We just smile, and wish we were.  It is God's timing though and He is the victor in all of this.  We will continue to praise Him with every part of our being.  And thank Him for every breath we take. 
Thank you for praying.....God has heard you and has answered!  Take time to do a "happy dance" before our God!  He is an awesome God and He sure reigns!
I will end with this, put the emphasis on the word in CAPS,
Be still and KNOW that I am God
BE STILL and know that I am God
Be still and know that I AM GOD.......
God's peace to you!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you God!!! Thank you Jodi, for posting this, because the Suhy's have been specifically praying that you both get good rest at night to be able to have strength for the days! What an encouragement to us as well, that our prayers really are heard! We continue to pray that prayer as you follow this path. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying For you Kasi! Get Better Soon(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I memorized that very verse last year! What a great reminder that we can be still in Him and he does the work!! Praising God for such a wonderful report!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am PRAISING with you!! I just LOVE these answered prayers :) Keeping Kasi and the rest of the family in prayer and that tonight may even be better than last night!

    Tammy Heyboer

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Thank you for posting such good news. It gives us all hope, Jodi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is good....all the time! So glad to hear the better news today! :)

    Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. We continue to pray for Kasi and all of you! So thankful that we have a BIG GOD and that He is with you every step of the way. Praying for continued blessings for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful news!! P.U.S.H. It is amazing what can be done through prayer!

    Karin Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmm I woke up in the middle of the night and prayed for you and Kasi. :)
    Deb Siegersma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update! That is AWESOME news!!!! Sounds like a "Dawn before the Morning" kind of 24 hours! Keep daring to believe and keep fighting the good fight!! Continuing to lift you up! Buzzzz on!!!!

    Tina Denbow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise God!!! He IS awesome!!! We'll keep praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. See?! I told you God was working miracles yesterday! You both are so precious! Hang tough, you'll be home soon!
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kasi, saying lots of prayers for you, hope you get better soon and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete