Monday, November 15, 2010

BIG prayer request

I must say, this is going to be a short update but one of the biggest prayer requests since surgery. 
Kasi's left lung lower lobe has collapsed and she will be working on that all night to get it back up.  This is going to be a hard process for her but the reason it is so hard is that she has a lot of fluid in her pelvis.  They have been watching her blood count and it has gone up again today so they did a CT scan and found all of this out.  She is a strong, strong girl and has fought so much already, she needs to put on her God strong armor and keep herself safe and protected and FREE! 
I believe her blood count has gone up again since this morning, so we will be having a draw of fluid out of her pelvis tonight and that will get processed to see if bacteria grows.  We need to pray against bacteria growing!  If it does show up, all the doctor said tonight is that we would be having a serious talk.  That in itself tells us a lot.  We don't want to have that talk. 
As I was reminded in a comment today, The Lord our God goes with us where ever we go.  I also know He is the Great Physician!  It is really hard to watch Kasi go through this, BUT, she not only amazes me, but she is amazing all the doctors and nurses here with her strength.  Sometimes though, she is so strong they think she is doing great when really she is fighting her body and what she feels.  Crazy girl!  She is doing her best and so am I!  Ron is up here now and we will surround her with our love and support the best we can.  And you know she can feel that.  Like she said today, I like watching a movie with my mom and my dad, as we both sat by her one on each side.  We love this child that God has given us with all of our heart.  Her physical pain and her suffering is like someone taking my heart out of my chest and crushing it.  My tears flow tonight with all of this.  Even through them we know, it will be okay.  Kasi even said, it will be okay.  Sometimes I wonder who is strong for who, then I realize God is strong for us both. 
If I haven't said this before....please be fervently praying for Kasi.  I know you all have already, this is something big.  I want to tackle it offensively.....
May her pelvis be cleared in Jesus name and may NO bacteria live inside of Kasi!  She is God's daughter and only HE can love her more...

10 comments:

  1. Praying over here and crying with you too. I can see His strength through you, and to hear how Kasi is displaying the strength God is given her is amazing. We love you guys and we are praying against bacteria, and for peace for all of you. <3

    Debi Damron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending the strongest prayers I can...may the good Lord do some miraculous healing tonight...please Lord, NO BACTERIA! Stay stong DeRoos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, As I was reading your post a verse came to mind that God really used on me this week and I am praying it for Kasi. Here is is:

    Judges 14:6 Then the Spirit of the LORD rushed upon him, and although he had nothing in his hand, he tore the lion in pieces as one tears a young goat.

    Why this verse got to me is "the Spirit" RUSHED on Sampson and gave him the power to defeat the lion.
    I am praying fo the spirit to rush on Kasi and give her the power to subdue this lion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that!!!! I can picture it....God coming in like a might rushing wind! Wash over this child and may He be the air she breaths and may He defeat this invasion on her body!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been praying all night. I am so glad that Ron could be with you both last night. Praying for not only Kasi but you two as parents. God has made you both stronger through all of Kasi's battles. You guys are AWESOME parents and an AWESOME support for her! Hang in there. God has HIS plan and will take care of Ksi in HIS time...

    Loves,
    Tammy Heyboer

    Tammy Heyboer

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will be praying like CRAZY!!!!!!! I just know God is doing miracles in Kasi right now!
    With love
    Jana Vander Laan

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure is difficult to praise the Lord at times like this, but singing praise songs sure lifts the soul. sing next to Kasi so she can hear will give her fuel to keep fighting. God bless all of you and know you are all loved and the legion of prayer warriers are doing battle for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we hold you in prayer
    we hold you with love
    we hurt with you
    we cry with you
    we hold you
    before God
    today

    we hope for the resurrection
    to occur in Kasi's body even now
    while we wait for the coming of a new creation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen! Amen! and Amen! Praying fervently and continually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been following your journey since I received a prayer request from a friend....I have been and will keep praying for Kasi and your family! May *Healing*,*Strength*,and *Love* surround Kasi, your family, and the medical staff working on Kasi!!!

    With Much Love,
    Rebecca Casler

    ReplyDelete