Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday a day of rest

Today was exactly that, a day of rest.  It was a long day for Kasi only because she really didn't feel good all day.  I really can't say she was in a lot of pain, but she was in pain at times, and then nauseated.  It was all around a bla day.  She was on meds for all of the above, and they helped, but they also made her tired.  She was/is low on fluids so they are giving her more IV fluids and her blood pressure dropped today to 90/50.  They really want her BP to stay between 100 - 130 on top.  It was a little on the low side and that is why she is getting some extra fluid.  She is being cycled down on her TPN too.  That doesn't mean she will be getting less, it just means that they will make it more "full" and she will have it run in over 18 hours instead of 24.  This is a great thing because hopefully we will be able to get our pass on Thanksgiving.  She will need to have a better day than today though and that is something we are praying for.  The levels that they check for her pancreas have gone up instead of down in the last 24 hours and that is most-likely the cause of her not feeling so well today. 
Kasi's attitude has always been good through this whole thing, but she seems a little "done" today and I can't blame her.  She needs strength physically and she is not getting that through her TPN.  I believe the doctors are going to be adding things to her TPN to help with her tummy and to help her maintain her weight.  I am going to love watching her eat her first real meal, I might actually cry.  Seriously, she is getting so skinny I told the doctors I was concerned about it and you know they did agree.  We will see what they can do for her.  It is day 17 with nothing to eat.  I feel awful for her.  It will be a big step for her when it is actually time to eat. 
Pray that all goes well this week and we don't have anymore set backs.  I really miss the family being together.  I also really need to have Nathan in my arms again.  It is so hard being away from them all, but he needs me the most!  Well, Ben too, but he understands more and we can Skype.  It will be a long process yet, but hopefully on the last leg of the journey up here.  Today was a down day, but tomorrow is a new day.  And you know what, I will rejoice and be glad in it.  I know that every day is a gift from God and that gives all the reason to smile.

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family. Wow, you are both so amazing. Even on a not so good day your faith shines through and I can truly feel your trust in God through your posts. I hope that tomorrow is a great day with lots of progress. We will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are such an inspiration, both of you! I really enjoy reading your blog and hearing your faith. I will continue to pray for a God speed recovery. Kasi, your strength is TRULY amazing and I have grown in my faith by reading your story. You have a special gift and it is touching lives!
    Jessica Scranton

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we see in you, joy is a choice and you are choosing joy in the midst of some "crud". Hang in there; I'm still praying for all of your concerns!
    Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corry and Ed OosterhouseNovember 22, 2010 at 5:16 AM

    Praying always, Jodi!! That today will be better and you'll all be able to be together Thanksgiving day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're upbeat attitudes (so like both of you by the way!) are such an inspiration. Such a great reminder of all the things we really have to be thankful for! God is good and I can just see him planning for Kasi's first meal to be Turkey on Thanksgiving Day! We'll pray for that, that you can spend time with family on the holiday and that Kasi's tummy really kicks in and starts working! Our prayers are ever with you! Hang in there, we are all so proud of you Kasi!

    ReplyDelete