Tuesday, November 9, 2010

a new day!

Wow, what a long night, but productive!  Kasi's chest Xray is looking better, praise God for that one along with us.  I know we bring so many petitions before our God and sometimes on here it seems I am always asking for prayers for something.  I just want to say, I try to balance it, but sometimes our immediate need seems so great that it even clouds my thinking and typing.  Know that I am grateful throughout the day with her progress and her strength and I have moments of sadness knowing that she is in pain and it is a long road.  I just want her to be better and I have to remember that this is going to be a long recovery.  I am reminded by the doctors that this is a huge surgery that she has gone through and they are pleased with her recovery.  It is also one they take very seriously.  They are going to be taking out her central line and foley today because the longer they are in the greater chance of infection.  That is not good because they really stressed in rounds this morning how NOT GOOD that would be.  She is hanging on to a "higher" temp, but not one they would call a fever.  They are keeping a very close eye on that.  She is currently sitting in a chair, and is starting to joke around.  I love it, her humor is coming back again and even the nurse stops and asks, "what did she just say?" I would tell her and she would laugh.  It is great to see that once again. 
So my prayer for today are this:
Fluid off her body, pain to lessen, no infection, no fever, and strength.
Also, being up here is a such a reminder of when we went through this 14 years ago when she was a baby.  I see all of the babies up here and I just want to wrap up the moms and say it is okay just cry.  It is so hard to watch.  We have Hope, and we have to remember that some don't know the Hope we have or the peace we have in Jesus. 
Kasi and I have been following a blog of a little guy who is up here.  The blog is bowensheart, and for some reason Kasi feels a little connected to Bowen in her heart.  We had the opportunity to meet his mom and dad the other day up here and they were looking forward to maybe being able to go home on Monday.  Well, because of "stuff" of being a heart baby and all the things that go on up here it will be a while now before he goes home.  This really made Kasi sad for Bowen and we have prayed for him a lot in the last couple of days.  I just want to let you all know because I know that we have over 1,000 people reading this blog and if we pool all of our prayer warriors along side his it would be even louder before the throne of God on Bowen's behalf.  So every time you pray for Kasi, and my buzzer goes off, which is so encouraging to Kasi, I know that Bowen's name will be mentioned too.  Matt and Sarah, his mom and dad too!  God knows every detail of these little ones and right now Kasi and I are praying for Bowen to fight just as Kasi is fighting.  Be God strong!! 
Thank you for all of your prayers, we are on the road, together.  I am blessed to be Kasi's mom and she is a gift.  I see God's goodness and blessings around all of the time.
Love to you all!
Jodi

4 comments:

  1. Kasi,

    I'm praying for you guys! We all miss you at school! Keep being strong! :)

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is truly amazing! I will be praying for Bowen too. Here is a song taht helped me when I was recovering-- and I am dedicating it to you.
    "I Have a Hope" by Tommy Walker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSbJtqYow3Q&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying Jodi and Kasi!! I heard Bowen's Story on WCSG months ago - cool that you are there at the same time with them. Will add them to our prayers as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We continue our prayers for Kasi, and storm heavens gates on her behalf! Ever day is a baby step in her journey. God Can!!

    Julie Haveman

    ReplyDelete